December 8, 2009
I created this blog about a year ago thinking I would have time to make posts. Not!
Last fall I started teaching high school business education classes in Blackfoot, ID. It has been amazing how much I have learned in such a short time. I have taught four trimesters now and am in my fifth trimester of teaching ninth graders Computer Applications among other subjects. But this is my challenge to have the patience and ability to reach ninth grade students. I enjoy creating new lessons, making it enjoyable for students while they are learning skills that will last a lifetime.
We just had our family here for Thanksgiving a few weeks ago. It was much busier than I remember in years past. The grandkids are growing, need more space, and lots of activities to keep them happy and out of trouble. We enjoy them so much and miss them already. As I visited Shawn and Lori's blog I was amazed to see how West, Destiny, Aaron, and Alayna look from a distance: West in his cub scout uniform, sitting at the piano, anxious to perform a solo at a church Christmas party, Alayna asleep with her new puppy. This week Tayla performed at her gymnastics meet in Boise, ID. She has diligently practiced every day last week to prepare and lost her coat in the process. [Maybe Santa can find you a new one!] Carly is growing into a sweet young lady, turning 5 in a few weeks [Jan. 31] She can sit through an entire storybook now and look up at the end and smile a big smile! She has promised to bring over her new Christmas movie to share.
Grandpa went to his school Christmas party tonight. Stalker Elementary invited him to their Christmas Chorus. Several of the students enjoy giving him "high fives" and he enjoys giving them right back. We got 2-3 inches of snow this morning. The driveway had been cleared by the association before I had to leave for school this morning. It is nice to have that service where we live now.
Waiting to hear about a new member of the family--Jesse and Tiffany are expecting any day. I thought I would hear something today.
School is out the 22nd and we will have 12 days of vacation to see family, rest, move our storage, and visit our children and their families. Yeh!
1 comment:
We had a great time visiting you for Thanksgiving! Nice to see an update. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment